Monday, January 27, 2014

Unexpected Finds






 Grey Blazer: H&M (similar here)
Jeans: Forever21 (similar here)
Sweater: Express (I can't find any similar at the moment but I'll keep looking!)
Watch: Kate Spade (here)
Boots: Charlotte Russe (here)

I am a bargain hunter. I love to shop sales and deals, but quality clothing proves to be most cost effective in cost-per-wear. Of course I still shop at Forever21, Charlotte Russe, etc. for some cheap finds but when these items last longer than I expect them to (a season), I'm always genuinely surprised. I got these jeans at Forever21 five years ago. Until very recently, when I got thos eamazing Banana Republic pair, these had been my go-to skinnies. In addition, I got these black boots at Charlotte Russe four years ago, again expecting them to last a season like most of my boots from there. But I'm still able to wear them now!

On that note, I made this outfit for warmth. Chicago Public Schools are all closed today and tomorrow due to the cold but for some reason, the University I work for decided to inform everyone that we will have to come in. So, that being said, I layered a pretty warm sweater under my blazer. Layers are so key when it comes to keeping warm in Chicago. Sometimes work is too hot so then I can remove the blazer as well. While actually commuting, I'm going to throw some thick sweats over my jeans (hey, it's -20F out there!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment